[ABP main] [about ABP] [membership] [ethical guidelines] [meetings] [reading] [search]
Academy of Behavioral Profiling
ABP-L, Email Discussion List
ABP-L is a confidential email discussion list, hosted by the ABP, exclusively for the ABP membership. The primary goal of this discussion list is to facilitate and promote information sharing, brainstorming, and communication between ABP members on all levels. This includes the discussion of current research, questions related to casework, and networking students with similar minded professionals.
When posting messages to ABP-L, the following guidelines must be observed:
- Members shall post using their full name, titles, member status, and place of employment or professional/ student affiliation in their signature.
- Members may post relevant commercial and non-commercial training and conference announcements.
- Members may post regarding past, current, or future cases that are in the public domain. Discussions referring to cases or case information that is not in the public domain must be appropriately sanitized, with the proper level of confidentiality observed. If a list member recognizes the case in its sanitized version, confidentiality is still expected to be maintained.
- Members may post regarding past, current, or future research interests or findings.
- Members may post regarding ethical issues.
- Members may post critiques and questions regarding published material.
- Members may post regarding issues of controversy or concern in their field.
- Members shall accept professional responsibility for the content of their posts.
- Members shall observe the ABP Ethical Guidelines for Professional Conduct when posting.
- The posting of personal attacks is not acceptable list conduct.
- Members shall not post emails on behalf of third parties without first consulting the list moderator.
- All posts made to ABP-L are confidential, and shall not be distributed beyond this discussion list without the explicit consent of the original poster.
Moderator for ABP-L
Brent E. Turvey, MS <email@example.com>
ABP-L is moderated by Brent, as far as directing discussion, suggesting topics, and enforcing ABP-L posting guidelines. He is also available to answer inquiries of a general nature, and act as an information resource. However, the discussions are generally left to ebb and flow of their own accord, as long as they follow the guidelines.
If you have a question about whether or not the topic or content of a potential post is within the guidelines, please do not hesitate to contact him.
Yahoo has a convenient web interface that you may use to subscribe to the list. It also accepts email commands:
You will be sent an invitation to subscribe upon approval of your membership in the Academy of Behavioral Profiling.
To unsubscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/abp-l.
POSTING TO THE
You must be a subscriber to post messages. Sending mail to this address will distribute it to all the members of the mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only post *messages* to email@example.com. If you send a command to that address, it will not work, and it will be posted to everybody who is subscribed to ABP-L.
The ABP-L Archives are available on the Web, at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/abp-l. Archives are searchable by keyword and are only available to members.
ABP-L WEB SITE
The ABP-L discussion list is sponsored and moderated by the Academy of Behavioral Profiling (ABP), located at http://www.profiling.org. Additional information about ABP-L is located at: http://www.profiling.org/abp-l.html.
© 1999 - 2009 Academy of
Behavioral Profiling; All rights reserved.
This site is designed and maintained by Forensic Solutions LLC.
Last update: 05/06/09